A heartbreaking story. A 3-year-old Brazilian boy recently died after accidentally drinking laundry. Her 13-year-old sister, desperate and feeling guilty, took her own life doing exactly the same.
As reported by Globo 1, one of the country’s main television channels, the drama took place in the city of Santo Amaro, located in the State of Bahia (northeastern Brazil).
According to the first elements, gathered from the testimonies of the neighbors, the boy confused the laundry with soda.
His big sister, seeing the child in a desperate state, would then have felt guilty and decided to drink lye, or more exactly caustic soda used for this purpose, in turn.
Children alone at home
At the time of the tragedy, the two were alone in the house.
– g1 (@ g1) December 8, 2021
Alerted, neighbors notified emergency services and the two victims were taken to hospital for treatment. Unfortunately, the doctors were unable to save them.