Home News LIVE – Coronavirus: the Toulouse Stadium-French Stadium match scheduled for Sunday evening,...

LIVE – Coronavirus: the Toulouse Stadium-French Stadium match scheduled for Sunday evening, postponed


Many countries, including France, are facing a fifth wave of the epidemic. Follow all the news related to Covid-19 in France and around the world.

11:55 a.m.

The meeting between the Toulouse Stadium and the French Stadium, scheduled for Sunday evening at the Toulouse Stadium and counting for the 13th day of the Top 14, was postponed due to “the health situation of the workforce” in Paris, announced the League in a statement.

This is the fourth match of this 13th day, called “Boxing Day” scheduled for Sunday and Monday, which is postponed due to the spread of cases of Covid-19 in the workforce of French rugby clubs.


World number 14 Denis Shapovalov tested positive for Covid-19 after arriving in Sydney, he said on Sunday, highlighting the threat of the virus hanging over the Australian Open. “Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that when I arrived in Sydney I tested positive for Covid,” Shapovalov tweeted on Sunday.

“I follow all the protocols, including the isolation and the information of the people with whom I have been in contact,” he reassured. “Right now I’m experiencing minor symptoms and can’t wait to get back on court when it’s safe.”

The 22-year-old was one of the first to arrive in Australia for his ATP Cup appearance where he was supposed to play for Canada, three weeks before the first Grand Slam of the year.


France crossed the threshold of 100,000 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours on Saturday, Christmas Day, unprecedented, while the government must reassess the situation on Monday.

With 104,611 new cases in 24 hours, the country has reached a threshold unprecedented since the start of the epidemic in March 2020, according to figures released on Saturday evening by the French public health agency.

The 50,000 mark was passed on December 4 and this figure has therefore doubled in three weeks, according to data from the health agency.