Home News Former American football champion OJ Simpson now “completely free”

Former American football champion OJ Simpson now “completely free”

42
0

The courts have officially put an end to parole measures targeting former American football champion OJ Simpson, who hit the headlines in the 1990s before being convicted in 2008 for an armed robbery in Las Vegas.

He had burst in 2007 with five henchmen in a Las Vegas casino to “recover”, under the threat of weapons, sports memorabilia and had been sentenced to a sentence of between 9 and 33 years in prison.

In July 2017, OJ Simpson was granted early release and had been sinking from a peaceful retirement in Nevada, regularly commenting on the American Football Championship on social media.

The fallen star, now 74 years old, however, remained subject to the measures that the criminal authorities had attached to his parole.

They were theoretically due to end on February 9, 2022, the Nevada Parole Board said in a statement Tuesday.

Criminal innocent, civilly responsible

But OJ Simpson has made a request for an early lifting of these measures which was granted to him by the Commission as of December 1, 2021, the press release said. The septuagenarian is now completely free to move around.

In 1994, OJ Simpson tried to escape the police during a chase broadcast live by all American television stations. He was believed to have stabbed to death his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and a man who happened to be with her, Ron Goldman.

In 1995, after an incredible, over-publicized trial that deeply stirred racial tensions in the country, OJ Simpson was found not guilty by a popular jury.

Previous articleJudge dismisses Donald Trump’s lawsuit to prevent Congress from getting his tax returns
Next articleDerek Chauvin pleads guilty to violating George Floyd’s constitutional rights